Jesenské - History of the village
First write mention came from 1274, when was the village called Feled. The name of the village was later changed to Feledincze, Feled, Veledín and Feledince. Since 1948 has the village been called Jesenské, after Slovak poet and writer Janko Jesensky.
The village was in a property of Rátolty family, in the 15 th century was the village in a property of Fledi family and in the the 16 th century in a property of some yeoman families.
Turk spoiled a village in 1553.
Later was the village owned by Gemer ’s and Hajnac’s castle domain
In the Middle Ages was the village already very important trade centre of region, especially agricultural. From the second half of 19th century was the village a residence of servant’s district.
Jesenske was a district until the 1950 and then it was joined with Rimavskosobotsky district.
Local parts of village are Bukovina, Cifra, Dóna a Ivanovo.
The village Ivanovo arised in the 14 th century, but immediately in the 15 th century the it became a part of the village Jesenske.
In 1825 Jesenske interfered a huge fire, nevertheless people saved valuable papers and houses.
Source: Vlastivedný slovník obcí na Slovensku, 1 st part and background material from village Jesenske.